Friday, January 18, 2013

My first glitter sandwich

I wanted to try something different that I'd never done before. I've seen a lot of glitter sandwiches, or jelly sandwiches, and really wanted to try it. I didn't really know what kind of polishes are typically used for this, so I used Essie- Marshmallow. It was sheer enough that I figured it would work.

I started with 2 coats of Marshmallow, then 2 coats of LA Colors- Jewel Tone. Jewel Tone is a gorgeous mix of blue and purple micro glitter in a clear base. I topped that with one more coat of Marshmallow and one coat of Out the Door topcoat.


I ended up loving this! I realized I don't have many chunky glitters in my collection, which are probably pretty good for this. I really want to try this with more colors, but I need to find some jelly polishes to do this with.


No comments:

Post a Comment