Monday, July 8, 2013

Blue Reciprocal Gradient

I've seen the reciprocal gradient around a few times. On challenges, and a lot on Pinterest, and I've always wanted to try it myself. It was a little intimidating and looked time consuming, so I kept putting it off. The other night, the kids went to bed early, and we didn't have any shows on, so I had plenty of time to spend on my nails, so I decided to go for it! And I'm so glad I did! I love them!!

I started with a base of one coat of Milani- White on the Spot, then did my gradient with a makeup sponge and White on the Spot, Sally Hansen- Blue Away, and NYC- Water Street Blue. I topped that with HK Girl and gave it awhile to make sure it was dry. Then I cut 30 little strips of striping tape and used tweezers to place them all on my nails. I used the same colors in reverse order over the tape. I made sure to pull the strips of tape off white the polish was still wet to get clean lines. 

This was my halfway point :)

After removing all the tape, I topped it with one final coat of HK Girl and I'm absolutely loving the results!! Let me tell you though, clean up was a nightmare!! I think next time I do it, I'll tape off my nails before starting.


What do you all think? Are you going to give this look a try?!

9 comments: