Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Braided

So I finally did it. I took the plunge. I download Candy Crush. I probably shouldn't have, but at 3am when I couldn't sleep, I needed something to do! And now I'm hooked. And stuck. On level 34. I've heard about the dreaded level 65 and am not looking forward to it.

On to today's look...I have lots of braided nails on my Pinterest board. I love how they look. I've always wanted to try it, but like I always say, just never got around to it. I got so many amazing new polishes for my birthday, I really need to work my way through them! So I used 3 of my new ones for this look.

I started with 2 coats of Essie- In the Cab-ana on all but my ring finger. This color is amazing! The formula was perfect, I could have easily gotten away with one coat. On my ring finger I did 2 coats of OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I've been lemming that color for a loooong time, and finally got it :) For the braid part, I used those two colors along with Essie- Bobbing for Baubles. It looks pretty black in these pictures, but it's such a gorgeous dark gray. I love it.


I thought my braid actually turned out better on my right hand (weird since I'm right handed!) So I threw in a close up of that one as well.


Have you done braided nails? I thought doing it just as an accent would be easier, but after playing a round of Candy Crush in between each swipe to wait for it to dry, my phone died and I realized if I had done them all braided, by the time I got to my 10th nail, the 1st would be dry and it probably would have been quicker in the end. Talk about a run-on sentence!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've never done the braided nails before but I really should :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, braided nails look really difficult, but with such an amazing result! And you right hand nail looks amazing!
    Also, I am addicted to candy crush as well, I hate it! lol :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Candy Crush...ahh! It's so frustrating! But at least I'm not alone :)

      Delete