Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Springy Braid + Tutorial!

I decided to do another braided look because it's so easy and I love the way it looks! I wanted to do something a little softer and springy, so I grabbed a white and some blue and got to work! I was texting my friend, Sarah, and when I told her I was doing a braid, she said I still needed to show her how to do one. So I decided to make my very first picture tutorial. It was a bit time consuming, but I had a lot of fun with it! I hope it's helpful for anyone wanting to try out braided nails!

The colors I used were OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Essie- Mint Candy Apple, and Essie- In the Cab-ana.





Step 1. Paint your base color
Step 2. Start at one "corner" of your cuticle and paint a stripe (doesn't have to go clear to the other side, just needs to cover the middle)
Step 3. Paint another stripe from the opposite "corner"
Step 4. Overlapping your first stripe, paint another with your base color
Step 5. Continue adding stripes, alternating colors
Step 6. When you get to the end, be sure to cap the tips to make your polish last longer!
Step 7. Paint your last stripe!
Step 8. Clean up around your nails and add a top coat to smooth everything out!



I hope you enjoyed this one! Let me know if there is any other design you would like a tutorial for! I'll see what I can do :)

2 comments:

  1. These turned out great! I like that you went with lighter color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the blue one you posted a bit ago too!

      Delete