Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday! I hope everyone had a great Halloween! The night before, my brother and his family came over to carve pumpkins, we do this every year, it's a lot of fun. I decided I wanted a challenge this year, and about 2 hours into it, I was wondering what the hell I was thinking. I spent about 7 hours on it that night. The next morning, I took one of my daughters to school and came home to finish my pumpkin. It ended up taking me about 9 hours by the time I finished it...I've included pictures later on.
Anyway...I spent so much time on my pumpkin that I only had naptime to hurry and get my nails done. So I did this quick mani before the girls woke up to get ready for our neighborhood trunk-or-treat.
I used two coats of SquareHue- Iron Horse on my index and pinky fingers, and two coats of Desert Grit on the other two. I stamped with Sinful Colors- Snow Me White and Konad Special Black. I used the Halloween plate from the Winstonia collection, I don't remember what number it is, I could get up and look, but I don't think I can peel myself off the couch right now.


Here's a picture of my adorable little girlies!! Hailey was an elephant and Chloe was Ariel. They had a lot of fun even though it was only 41 degrees and started to rain during trick-or-treating.


And now...my pumpkin! If you don't have children, you may not recognize her...it's Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. This was the first year I've tried surface carving, I used a little wood carving kit. It was a little ridiculous. But I wanted a challenge, and a challenge I got.


I may pick something a little simpler next year...it does look pretty awesome though, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment