Sunday, March 10, 2013

New 31DC Day 11: Splatter

The theme for day 11 is splatter mani. I'd never done this technique before, so I looked at a bunch of others, watched a few youtube videos, and this is what I ended up with. I got really frustrated doing this one...for some reason, I couldn't get the polish to splatter right for the life of me! So these are the only 4 nails that ended up being splattered :) 

I wanted to do a springy look, but it didn't really turn out how I had imagined. I tried to use yellow too, but absolutely couldn't get it to work.

I started with one coat of Milani- White on the Spot. For the splats I used Essie- Cute as a Button, Nina- Lilac-ing Discipline, and Sally Hansen- Mint Sorbet. All topped with one coat of Out the Door.


In the end, I think it's kind of cool looking, but I think it's a little to messy for me. I just didn't love it. Maybe I'll try again another time with different colors and see how I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment