Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter chicks

Originally, I had planned on doing a stamped mani for Easter. I have some plates with cute bunnies, eggs, and all that. Then I saw this look over at Did My Nails. It was so cute I decided I had to try it!


I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen- Melly Yellow, then added one coat of Out the Door to speed up dry time. In the tutorial, she just uses a striping brush to do her egg shells. I wasn't confidant in my ability to freehand it so nicely, so I chose to tape off the triangle sections and filled it in with Milani- White on the Spot. I added the eyes with LA Colors- Circuits and White on the Spot. Then the beaks and feet with Petites- Passion Orange. One coat of Out the Door to smear everything :( and I was done!


I ordered a bottle of HK Girl and can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out! I'm hating how Out the Door is smearing everything on me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment